At Paws & Cherish we recognize, respect, and support the human-animal bond. We hope that after reading the material in this website you will understand that it is natural to grieve the loss of a beloved animal friend and that you are not alone in your grief. The pages in this section contain variouis resources for you.
Local Support Meetings
- Coral Springs Animal Hospital has a monthly support meeting.
- The Humane Society of Broward County holds a support group on the second and fourth Tuesday of the month at 5:30 p.m. Call 954.266.6834 for more information and to leave your name and phone number.
- Remembering Pets by Gina Dalpra-Berman
- I'll Always Love You by Hans Wilhelm
- The Tenth Good Thing About Barney by Judy Viorst
- The Fall of Freddie the Leaf by Leo Buscaglia, PhD
- Remembering My Pet by Nachama Liss-Levinson, PHD and Rev. Molly Phinney Baskette, MDiv.
- Where the Tomorrows Go by Manoj S. Abraham (Available formats: Hardcover, Electronic (Apple iBook, Amazon Kindle, Google Play,
- EPUB. Book website: Where the Tomorrows Go
- Goodbye My Friend: Grieving the Loss of a Pet by Mary and Herb Montgomery
- Euthanasia of the Companion Animal: The Impact on Pet Owners, Veterinarians, and Society by William J. Kay
- Loving and Losing a Pet by Michael Stern, PhD and Susan Cropper, DVM
- Coping with Sorrow on the Loss of Your Pet by Moira K. Anderson
- When Your Pet Dies by Jamie Quackenbush
- Healing the Pain of Pet Loss: Letters in Memoriam by Kymberly Smith
- Animals: God's Faithful Servants by Joe King
- Crossing the Rainbow Bridge by Colleen Nicholson
- Going Home by Jon Katz